You will need to enter your broadband user name and password into your modem to allow it to connect. If you have purchased a modem from Kiwi Internet then this will come pre-configured with the user name and password, therefore you will only need to connect it to the right place and wait for the Broadband connection to be completed, if you are not sure on how to connect your equipment, see details below.
CONNECTING YOUR EQUIPMENT
If you are setting up your Broadband internet for the first time, or are setting it up in a different location, you will need to follow the steps below.
There are two pieces of equipment that you need for your Broadband connection – the modem, and your computer.
THE BROADBAND MODEM SHOULD BE:
- Connected to a power socket
- Connected to a phone jack using a phone cable identical to the one your phone uses
- Connected to the phone jack via a line filter – ONLY If you have signed up for Clothed Connection with Kiwi link.-(A connection that runs over your existing home or business phone line)
YOUR COMPUTER SHOULD BE
- Connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable plugged into the back of your computer, or
- Connected to the modem via wireless, configured on the modem
CONFIGURING YOUR OWN MODEM
However if you are using your own modem to connect with us then, you can access the modem settings through a web browser once you have connected your modem to the computer. The instruction book that came with the modem will give you the IP address to type into the address line of your web browser, and a username/password that lets you access these settings. If you do not have the instruction manual that came with your modem, you can call us and we will try and find this information for you. You are welcome to call for assistance at any time.
MOST modems these days only require the Internet Service Provider’s Username and password to be changed. However, if it is still not working, you may want to try the below instructions as well.
On your computer, to find the default gateway to get access to your modem – please follow these steps:
- On your keyboard press and hold down the Windows key (this is between CTRL and ALT keys) and press R. This will open up the Run window, type in ‘cmd’ and then press Enter OR find “command prompt” in your start menu.
- This will open up a black window. In the window, please type ‘ipconfig’ and this will bring up a few details.
- Look for “Default gateway number” this will be something like ‘192.168.1.1’ or ‘10.1.1.1’, etc. Take this gateway number and type it into your web browser to get access to the modem, to have your username / password changed.
If the modem has already been connected to a NZ based connection, all other settings below should be correct and be on the modem. If your modem is set to the overseas factory defaults, or if it’s a brand new device, then you will also need to check the following VDSL settings are correct/apply:
Find the VDSL settings below.
- The WAN service Type is : PPPoE
- MTU: 1492
- Tag VLAN ID for egress packets: (VLAN 10)
- Enter 802.1P Priority [0-7]: 0
- Enter 802. 1Q VLAN ID [1-4094]: 10
- NAT – Enabled -Symetric NAT
- Connection Mode: VLAN MUX Mode- Multiple Vlan service over one connection
- Real Time Guarantee: None
- Username: @broadbandnz
- Password: mypassword
- modem is setup to VLAN 10 or
- VPI-VCI – 0/110 and using a PPOE protocol
Once you have saved the settings, remove the power plug from the back of the modem. 30 seconds later, plug in the modem and turn it on. In the next 30 seconds the DSL light should show steady green, and then after another 30 seconds the internet light should start flashing. After approximately a minute your connection should be active and web pages should load properly.
If the DSL or ADSL light is on, and you are still not able to load web pages, check that your username and password settings are correct.
BROADBAND DATA USAGE INFORMATION:
You will receive a monthly invoice (around the 10th of the each month) that includes a summary of the excess data usage charges for the previous month. You can also log into our online portal http://kiwilink.ipgo.co.nz/index.php to view the details of all your data usage for each previous month. Please note that this portal will be updated every 24hours.
If you need any further help, just give us a call on 0800 894 198.